Every cosmetic laboratory is always on the lookout for the “revolutionary” formulation that can turn upside down the usual skincare routine, making it more effective than ever. At Camorak, we have been giving it our best for the past 60 years. The real question is: what makes a difference in the making of a cosmetic? The answer is its active ingredients.
A journey in the active ingredients world is the equivalent of opening a hidden treasure map revealing the secrets of a cosmetic science which people are constantly trying to discover, hoping to achieve better cosmetic results.
From vitamin C to nanotechnologies, these powerful allies play a key role in our research to fight ageing and the negative effects of time on the skin. You may now wonder what makes an active ingredient unique, or how it can help the user’s skin to look brighter and younger. Let us find out by starting from 3 active ingredients, invisible warriors that fight on behalf of our skin, layer by layer: niacinamide, mandelic acid, and vitamin C.
The niacinamide is a B3 type of vitamin also known as vitamin PP or nicotinamide. This is a fundamental vitamin for the correct functioning of our body, and it plays an important role in preserving a healthy dermis.
Here are a few main benefits of the niacinamide on the skin:
- It keeps the skin hydrated, reducing transepidermal water loss.
- It helps reinforce the dermis barrier by conferring better humidity preservation and protection against dangerous external agents.
- It features anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce skin reddening and irritations.
- It can contribute to sebum production and its regulation, which is especially useful for those whose skin tends to be acned or fat.
- It acts as an antioxidant as it helps protect the skin from the damage caused by free radicals.
Creams, lotions, and serums featuring niacinamide are very effective in bettering the skin texture, diminishing the effects of ageing, and promoting an overall healthier look. The active ingredient is normally well tolerated by most skin types and can be combined with other active ingredients.
The mandelic acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) and a product of bitter almonds. It is known for its exfoliating properties and is often utilized in the cosmetic world to enhance skin texture, treat hyperpigmentation and support cell renewal. Overall, AHAs are natural acids known for their impressive ability to brighten the dermis.
Let us take a look at some of its attributes:
- It delicately removes dead cells, bettering skin texture and stimulating cell renewal. It can also contribute to the disappearance of wrinkles along with the negative effects of ageing.
- Thanks to its exfoliating properties, the mandelic acid can help lighten dark spots and hyperpigmentation, contributing to a more uniform skin tone.
- It is often considered more delicate than other AHAs, which makes it perfect for applications on more sensitive skins.
Now it is time to tackle the last active ingredient: vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid. It is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for the human body’s general health. It is also one of the most powerful antioxidants playing a critical role in the dermis health, and these are the reasons why:
- It protects the skin from the damages caused by free radicals, those terrible and volatile molecules harming the skin cells and accelerating the ageing process.
- It lightens and compresses the skin, reducing dark spots (hyperpigmentation). This allows for a brighter and more uniform skin tone.
- It stimulates collagen production. Collagen is a key protein in keeping the skin as elastic as possible, and the cosmetics that feature it help preserve a more toned and flexible skin.
- It acts as an extra protection against the damages caused by UV rays, even though it does not replace sun protection products. Moreover, it helps neutralize the free radicals stemming from sun exposure.
In the cosmetics world, vitamin C is often found in the form of derivatives such as sodium ascorbates or ascorbic acid, as they feature more stability and less sensitivity to light and oxidation than pure ascorbic acid. In short, vitamin C is a versatile cosmetic ingredient known for its properties that keep the skin safe, bright, and protected.
At Camorak Cosmetic Labs, these 3 active ingredients are widely utilized in several formulations aiming at specific goals for guaranteed results. We have many products including these active ingredients in our arsenal, and you can find them in our catalogue you can download here.
As a matter of fact, our research never stops, and we have a few amazing news in store for you. Subscribe to our newsletter to find out more about our latest developments and avoid missing out on unique discounts for our subscribers only.